A47 at Wisbech re-opens after collision in which horse dies following collision with Ford Focus - the motorist escaped injury
- Credit: Archant
A horse has been put to sleep after a collision involving a car at Wisbech earlier today.
The stretch of the A47 in Wisbech where the incident occured has re-opened.
Police were called to the scene at 7.10am, with the incident happening between Elm Hall and the Tesco roundabout, Wisbech.
The road was closed at the Cromwell Road junction and traffic queued in both directions between the junction and the A1101 Elm High Road junction.
There were delays to all Wisbech bus services due to the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We were called to the A47 at Wisbech at about 7.10am this morning to reports that a car (silver Ford Focus) had collided with a horse.
“The incident happened between Elme Hall Hotel and the Tesco roundabout. The road has been closed at Cromwell Road.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 5 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
“A vet was called to the scene and the horse was put to sleep. No persons are reported injured.”