A47 at Wisbech re-opens after collision in which horse dies following collision with Ford Focus - the motorist escaped injury
- Credit: Archant
A horse has been put to sleep after a collision involving a car at Wisbech earlier today.
The stretch of the A47 in Wisbech where the incident occured has re-opened.
Police were called to the scene at 7.10am, with the incident happening between Elm Hall and the Tesco roundabout, Wisbech.
The road was closed at the Cromwell Road junction and traffic queued in both directions between the junction and the A1101 Elm High Road junction.
There were delays to all Wisbech bus services due to the accident.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “We were called to the A47 at Wisbech at about 7.10am this morning to reports that a car (silver Ford Focus) had collided with a horse.
“The incident happened between Elme Hall Hotel and the Tesco roundabout. The road has been closed at Cromwell Road.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
“A vet was called to the scene and the horse was put to sleep. No persons are reported injured.”