A1101 Welney Wash Road open to traffic - but abandoned BMW blocks part of road
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared – but a crashed BMW car today blocks part of one lane.
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared - but a crashed car today blocks part of one lane.
Last week the Wash Road was flooded, but that has receded to the delight of village businesses and motorists who no longer face 20-mile detours.
However, part of the westbound carriageway - on the bridge over the Hundred Foot Drain - is blocked.
A green BMW 3 Series has been left on the bridge a crash, without its two offside wheels.
You may also want to watch:
Editor John Elworthy took this picture this morning after passing through the Wash Road.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 9 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week