A1101 Welney Wash Road open to traffic - but abandoned BMW blocks part of road
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared – but a crashed BMW car today blocks part of one lane.
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared - but a crashed car today blocks part of one lane.
Last week the Wash Road was flooded, but that has receded to the delight of village businesses and motorists who no longer face 20-mile detours.
However, part of the westbound carriageway - on the bridge over the Hundred Foot Drain - is blocked.
A green BMW 3 Series has been left on the bridge a crash, without its two offside wheels.
You may also want to watch:
Editor John Elworthy took this picture this morning after passing through the Wash Road.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller