A1101 Welney Wash Road open to traffic - but abandoned BMW blocks part of road
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared – but a crashed BMW car today blocks part of one lane.
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared - but a crashed car today blocks part of one lane.
Last week the Wash Road was flooded, but that has receded to the delight of village businesses and motorists who no longer face 20-mile detours.
However, part of the westbound carriageway - on the bridge over the Hundred Foot Drain - is blocked.
A green BMW 3 Series has been left on the bridge a crash, without its two offside wheels.
Editor John Elworthy took this picture this morning after passing through the Wash Road.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 3 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Yellows keep up league form while reds stumble for Wisbech
- 6 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 7 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 8 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash