A1101 Welney Wash Road open to traffic - but abandoned BMW blocks part of road
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared – but a crashed BMW car today blocks part of one lane.
THE A1101 Welney Wash Road is again open to traffic after water cleared - but a crashed car today blocks part of one lane.
Last week the Wash Road was flooded, but that has receded to the delight of village businesses and motorists who no longer face 20-mile detours.
However, part of the westbound carriageway - on the bridge over the Hundred Foot Drain - is blocked.
A green BMW 3 Series has been left on the bridge a crash, without its two offside wheels.
You may also want to watch:
Editor John Elworthy took this picture this morning after passing through the Wash Road.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer