A1101 closed between Wisbech and Long Sutton after crash blocks road
A NOTORIOUS stretch of Fenland road has been closed after a car collided with a tree this morning.
The collision happened at the A1101 Gypsy Bends between Wisbech and Long Sutton, close to the junction with the B1165 to Newton.
A car left the road at about 7.50am and collided with a tree. The driver suffered slight injuries and was shaken, but the road was blocked and there was extensive damage caused to the front of the car.
A police spokesman said: “Recovery are at the scene and just before 9am and requested that they need the road closing.”
The crash comes weeks after work costing �350,000 was completed to improve the bends. The stretch of road had seen 23 accidents, including five fatal crashes, between January 2005 and December 2009.
You may also want to watch:
Work, carried out by Cambridgeshire Highways, included widening the bends and improving the road surface to reduce skidding.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 8 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 9 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 10 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout