A1101 blackspot in Fenland closed after Citroen car flipped onto its roof in crash
THE A1101 north of Wisbech was closed this morning after a car flipped onto its roof following a crash.
The single-vehicle collision took place at 6.29am south of Tydd Gote, on the Cambridgeshire/Lincolnshire border, close to the Gypsy Bends accident blackspot.
A Citroen Saxo car driven by a man flipped over onto its roof but escaped injury. He was out of the car by the time emergency crews arrived.
The man’s father, who was not in the car, also arrived at the scene and called for recovery. The road was closed between 7.30am and 8am while the car was recovered.
It is the second in four days that the A1101 has been closed following a collision. On Thursday morning a car left the road close to the junction with the B1165 to Newton and collided with a tree.
You may also want to watch:
Both incidents came weeks after work costing �350,000 was completed to improve the bends. The stretch of road had seen 23 accidents, including five fatal crashes, between January 2005 and December 2009.
Work, carried out by Cambridgeshire Highways, included widening the bends and improving the road surface to reduce skidding.
- 1 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 2 Tories retain two Wisbech seats for county council
- 3 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 4 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 5 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 6 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 7 Tories retain Octavia Hill ward in by election
- 8 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres