A slice of Life
MORE than 1,000 visitors went to an open day at the award-winning Long Sutton Life Project on Saturday. It was the first time a Long Sutton property had been invited by the Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire to take part in the open day event. Guided tours of
MORE than 1,000 visitors went to an open day at the award-winning Long Sutton Life Project on Saturday.
It was the first time a Long Sutton property had been invited by the Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire to take part in the open day event.
Guided tours of the office, house and gardens gave the public a unique opportunity to visit two earth-sheltered properties, Europe's first earth sheltered architect's office and an earth-sheltered family home.
Jerry Harrall, founder of the Long Sutton Work Life Project, said: "With the support of South Holland District Council Long Sutton will soon be on the international environmental map with Europe's largest earth-sheltered development of its type under construction soon."
You may also want to watch:
There were lots of other exhibitors, ranging from Lincolnshire Bat Group to demonstrations of solar water heating, straw bale building, low carbon energy solutions and organic vegetables.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success