A slice of Life
MORE than 1,000 visitors went to an open day at the award-winning Long Sutton Life Project on Saturday. It was the first time a Long Sutton property had been invited by the Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire to take part in the open day event. Guided tours of
MORE than 1,000 visitors went to an open day at the award-winning Long Sutton Life Project on Saturday.
It was the first time a Long Sutton property had been invited by the Heritage Trust of Lincolnshire to take part in the open day event.
Guided tours of the office, house and gardens gave the public a unique opportunity to visit two earth-sheltered properties, Europe's first earth sheltered architect's office and an earth-sheltered family home.
Jerry Harrall, founder of the Long Sutton Work Life Project, said: "With the support of South Holland District Council Long Sutton will soon be on the international environmental map with Europe's largest earth-sheltered development of its type under construction soon."
You may also want to watch:
There were lots of other exhibitors, ranging from Lincolnshire Bat Group to demonstrations of solar water heating, straw bale building, low carbon energy solutions and organic vegetables.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze