A play a day keeps the half term boredom away as children turn into actors at The Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Curing the half term boredom, the Angles Theatre’s half term workshop saw a group of children put on a play a day.
The three-day workshop, which was run by Ratzcool, welcomed five to 11-year-olds to create a play each day.
The sessions were led by Billy Garner, who worked the children hard with warm-up games, dances, songs and acting.
After discussion with the children he helped them to devise and create their own different play every day.
He said: “It was challenging keeping the children fully occupied for five hours each day, but seeing their happy faces made it more than worthwhile.”
The children’s parents added that they were impressed with the workshops.
One said: “I didn’t think my daughter could act so well after just one day”, while another said “my son enjoyed himself so much that he would like to join Ratzcool as soon as possible.”
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 3 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 6 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 7 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 8 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
Ratzcool is the Angles Theatre’s musical theatre school for children aged five to 18 and runs every Wednesday and Saturday during term time.