A play a day keeps the half term boredom away as children turn into actors at The Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Curing the half term boredom, the Angles Theatre’s half term workshop saw a group of children put on a play a day.
The three-day workshop, which was run by Ratzcool, welcomed five to 11-year-olds to create a play each day.
The sessions were led by Billy Garner, who worked the children hard with warm-up games, dances, songs and acting.
After discussion with the children he helped them to devise and create their own different play every day.
He said: “It was challenging keeping the children fully occupied for five hours each day, but seeing their happy faces made it more than worthwhile.”
You may also want to watch:
The children’s parents added that they were impressed with the workshops.
One said: “I didn’t think my daughter could act so well after just one day”, while another said “my son enjoyed himself so much that he would like to join Ratzcool as soon as possible.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 5 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 6 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 300 take part in autonomous shuttle passenger trial
Ratzcool is the Angles Theatre’s musical theatre school for children aged five to 18 and runs every Wednesday and Saturday during term time.