A play a day keeps the half term boredom away as children turn into actors at The Angles Theatre
- Credit: Archant
Curing the half term boredom, the Angles Theatre’s half term workshop saw a group of children put on a play a day.
The three-day workshop, which was run by Ratzcool, welcomed five to 11-year-olds to create a play each day.
The sessions were led by Billy Garner, who worked the children hard with warm-up games, dances, songs and acting.
After discussion with the children he helped them to devise and create their own different play every day.
He said: “It was challenging keeping the children fully occupied for five hours each day, but seeing their happy faces made it more than worthwhile.”
You may also want to watch:
The children’s parents added that they were impressed with the workshops.
One said: “I didn’t think my daughter could act so well after just one day”, while another said “my son enjoyed himself so much that he would like to join Ratzcool as soon as possible.”
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 7 Council chairman urges people to have Covid-19 vaccine when offered
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
Ratzcool is the Angles Theatre’s musical theatre school for children aged five to 18 and runs every Wednesday and Saturday during term time.