A march honouring those who fight for the country in an Armed Forces day in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An Armed Forces day took place in Wisbech which included a range of stalls by local ex-services associations and interested parties featuring displays and attractions.
There was live music, a parade and march-past by local cadet forces.
There was also a thanks-giving service and sunset ceremony to end the day.
The event is a chance for people to show support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community from currently serving troops to service families, veterans and cadets.
A spokesman said: “Showing support for the armed forces provides a much valued morale boost for the troops and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
The National Event in 2017 takes place in Liverpool this weekend, closer to home a day in Peterborough is on Saturday (24).
To find out more about Veterans UK call 0808 1914 218.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized