A march honouring those who fight for the country in an Armed Forces day in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
An Armed Forces day took place in Wisbech which included a range of stalls by local ex-services associations and interested parties featuring displays and attractions.
There was live music, a parade and march-past by local cadet forces.
There was also a thanks-giving service and sunset ceremony to end the day.
The event is a chance for people to show support for the men and women who make up the Armed Forces community from currently serving troops to service families, veterans and cadets.
A spokesman said: “Showing support for the armed forces provides a much valued morale boost for the troops and their families.”
You may also want to watch:
The National Event in 2017 takes place in Liverpool this weekend, closer to home a day in Peterborough is on Saturday (24).
To find out more about Veterans UK call 0808 1914 218.
- 1 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 2 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 7 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 8 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 9 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 10 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan