A loom band giant ball is set to raise money for cancer charity in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A young woman from Wisbech is raising money for a cancer charity in an unusual way - by making a giant ball out of loom bands.
Jade Farm said: “For the last year and half I’ve been doing a ball of loom bands and I’ve decided to raise money for the Macmillan Center in Wisbech.
“I’ve been speaking to Adele Wright from Macmillan who has said we can unveil it in August in the town park.
“We are hoping for the town mayor to be there to measure the ball. So I’m asking tor people to sponsor me, add your name to the list or message on Facebook then money will stay in Wisbech.
“After the event I will be making stools/pouffes out of the loom bands. We will be raffling them.”
You may also want to watch:
About 620 people in Fenland are diagnosed with cancer each year. Call Adele at Macmillan Wisbech 07769 717 557.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?