A loom band giant ball is set to raise money for cancer charity in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
A young woman from Wisbech is raising money for a cancer charity in an unusual way - by making a giant ball out of loom bands.
Jade Farm said: “For the last year and half I’ve been doing a ball of loom bands and I’ve decided to raise money for the Macmillan Center in Wisbech.
“I’ve been speaking to Adele Wright from Macmillan who has said we can unveil it in August in the town park.
“We are hoping for the town mayor to be there to measure the ball. So I’m asking tor people to sponsor me, add your name to the list or message on Facebook then money will stay in Wisbech.
“After the event I will be making stools/pouffes out of the loom bands. We will be raffling them.”
You may also want to watch:
About 620 people in Fenland are diagnosed with cancer each year. Call Adele at Macmillan Wisbech 07769 717 557.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 3 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 4 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 5 47-home estate 'beggars belief' says councillor
- 6 Showcase status for Academy
- 7 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 8 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 9 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 10 ‘From street dog to show champion’ - how Toby rescued his family