A decade of caring for Phil at Marshland St James care home
- Credit: Archant
A carer at Hickathrift House care home in Marshland St James has received a long service award in celebration of his dedication.
Phil De Cruz, started at Barchester in August 2007 and has worked with residents and their relatives to ensure that their needs have been met for the last decade.
Staff gathered to see Phil being presented with a gold, 10 year service badge, a £250 gift voucher and a rose bush to celebrate the occasion.
Jane McFarlane, employee services director at Barchester, said: “I’m always pleased to hear stories about the long service of Barchester staff and am delighted Phil has achieved this milestone.
“It is dedication like this that ensures our residents are provided with a happy place to live.”
You may also want to watch:
Jackalynne Shields, general manager of Hickathrift House, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating 10 years of loyal service with Phil.
“He has demonstrated his dedication and loyalty to this home and its residents year after year.
- 1 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 5 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 6 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 7 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 8 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
“I speak for all of us here when I say I’m looking forward to many more years of working with Phil.”