A decade of caring for Phil at Marshland St James care home
- Credit: Archant
A carer at Hickathrift House care home in Marshland St James has received a long service award in celebration of his dedication.
Phil De Cruz, started at Barchester in August 2007 and has worked with residents and their relatives to ensure that their needs have been met for the last decade.
Staff gathered to see Phil being presented with a gold, 10 year service badge, a £250 gift voucher and a rose bush to celebrate the occasion.
Jane McFarlane, employee services director at Barchester, said: “I’m always pleased to hear stories about the long service of Barchester staff and am delighted Phil has achieved this milestone.
“It is dedication like this that ensures our residents are provided with a happy place to live.”
Jackalynne Shields, general manager of Hickathrift House, said: “We’re delighted to be celebrating 10 years of loyal service with Phil.
“He has demonstrated his dedication and loyalty to this home and its residents year after year.
- 1 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 2 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 5 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 9 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 10 Mother of Rikki Neave 'told the truth and nothing but the truth', jury told
“I speak for all of us here when I say I’m looking forward to many more years of working with Phil.”