700 cannabis plants discovered at Fenland village home after tip off leads to police raid
ABOUT 700 cannabis plants have been discovered today by police following a raid at a house in a Fenland village.
A warrant was executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act at about 11.25am today at the premises in Fen Road, Newton, after information was received from the public.
The detached, newly-built house had cannabis plants on each of its three floors.
Police are carrying out investigations at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Pc Alicia Day, from Wisbech neighbourhood policing team, said: “This raid was carried out thanks to information received from the public and I would encourage people to continue reporting their suspicions to us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless