700 cannabis plants discovered at Fenland village home after tip off leads to police raid
ABOUT 700 cannabis plants have been discovered today by police following a raid at a house in a Fenland village.
A warrant was executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act at about 11.25am today at the premises in Fen Road, Newton, after information was received from the public.
The detached, newly-built house had cannabis plants on each of its three floors.
Police are carrying out investigations at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Pc Alicia Day, from Wisbech neighbourhood policing team, said: “This raid was carried out thanks to information received from the public and I would encourage people to continue reporting their suspicions to us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka