700 cannabis plants discovered at Fenland village home after tip off leads to police raid
ABOUT 700 cannabis plants have been discovered today by police following a raid at a house in a Fenland village.
A warrant was executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act at about 11.25am today at the premises in Fen Road, Newton, after information was received from the public.
The detached, newly-built house had cannabis plants on each of its three floors.
Police are carrying out investigations at the scene. No arrests have been made.
Pc Alicia Day, from Wisbech neighbourhood policing team, said: “This raid was carried out thanks to information received from the public and I would encourage people to continue reporting their suspicions to us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 0345 456 4564, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began