60 years celebration
SIXTY years of married life was celebrated last week by Cyril and Doreen Dene Johnson of Waterlees Road. The Diamond couple married on August 17, 1946, at St Peter s Church in Wisbech, after having met while working on the land during the war. Mr Johnso
SIXTY years of married life was celebrated last week by Cyril and Doreen 'Dene' Johnson of Waterlees Road.
The Diamond couple married on August 17, 1946, at St Peter's Church in Wisbech, after having met while working on the land during the war. Mr Johnson, originally from Yorkshire, was living in Gorefield with his brother-in-law, who was a gangmaster when he met Dene, who comes from Wisbech.
The couple lived with Mrs Johnson's parents for a while after the war, then moved to Stow Road and finally to Waterlees Road. They have two children, John and Michael, and three grandchildren.
Mr Johnson, 80, works as a driver and Mrs Johnson, 79, works in the home. The couple keep active and both like to go "out and about", according to Mrs Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
They received a congratulatory telegram from the Queen and celebrated with a special family meal.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens