60 years celebration
SIXTY years of married life was celebrated last week by Cyril and Doreen Dene Johnson of Waterlees Road. The Diamond couple married on August 17, 1946, at St Peter s Church in Wisbech, after having met while working on the land during the war. Mr Johnso
SIXTY years of married life was celebrated last week by Cyril and Doreen 'Dene' Johnson of Waterlees Road.
The Diamond couple married on August 17, 1946, at St Peter's Church in Wisbech, after having met while working on the land during the war. Mr Johnson, originally from Yorkshire, was living in Gorefield with his brother-in-law, who was a gangmaster when he met Dene, who comes from Wisbech.
The couple lived with Mrs Johnson's parents for a while after the war, then moved to Stow Road and finally to Waterlees Road. They have two children, John and Michael, and three grandchildren.
Mr Johnson, 80, works as a driver and Mrs Johnson, 79, works in the home. The couple keep active and both like to go "out and about", according to Mrs Johnson.
You may also want to watch:
They received a congratulatory telegram from the Queen and celebrated with a special family meal.
- 1 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 2 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 MP and mayor meet businesses in incinerator fight
- 8 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible