6-year-old seriously injured in hit and run incident
Police in Wisbech are appealing for witnesses and information following a hit and run in which a six-year-old girl was seriously injured. The incident happened at 5pm on Sunday when the youngster was riding her bike in Waterlees Road. Witnesses told the o
Police in Wisbech are appealing for witnesses and information following a hit and run in which a six-year-old girl was seriously injured.
The incident happened at 5pm on Sunday when the youngster was riding her bike in Waterlees Road.
Witnesses told the officers that the youngster had been involved in a collision with a car.
The youngster was treated at the scene by Mid-Anglia General Practitioner Ambulance Service (Magpas) and was then taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Lynn by air ambulance.
Police said last night her injuries are not thought to be life threatening and she is in a stable condition.
The driver of the vehicle involved, which is believed to be a red Vauxhall Astra, failed to top at the scene of the crash.
- 1 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 2 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 3 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Princess hears first hand account of modern slavery
- 6 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 7 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 8 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
Police are now appealing for the driver, or anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward.
A police spokeswoman, said: "Officers spoke to a number of people at the scene of this collision, but we would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision, or has information about the driver.
"A little girl has been seriously injured and we need to establish exactly what happened in the moments leading up to and immediately after the collision she was involved in.
"I would urge the driver of the Astra to come forward and speak to officers. I would also urge anyone who has seen this vehicle, which would have damage to its front, to contact police."
Anyone with information should call Wisbech police on 0845 456 4564.