6-year-old seriously injured in hit and run incident
Police in Wisbech are appealing for witnesses and information following a hit and run in which a six-year-old girl was seriously injured. The incident happened at 5pm on Sunday when the youngster was riding her bike in Waterlees Road. Witnesses told the o
Police in Wisbech are appealing for witnesses and information following a hit and run in which a six-year-old girl was seriously injured.
The incident happened at 5pm on Sunday when the youngster was riding her bike in Waterlees Road.
Witnesses told the officers that the youngster had been involved in a collision with a car.
The youngster was treated at the scene by Mid-Anglia General Practitioner Ambulance Service (Magpas) and was then taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Lynn by air ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police said last night her injuries are not thought to be life threatening and she is in a stable condition.
The driver of the vehicle involved, which is believed to be a red Vauxhall Astra, failed to top at the scene of the crash.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 8 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 9 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 10 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
Police are now appealing for the driver, or anyone who witnessed the collision to come forward.
A police spokeswoman, said: "Officers spoke to a number of people at the scene of this collision, but we would like to hear from anyone who saw the collision, or has information about the driver.
"A little girl has been seriously injured and we need to establish exactly what happened in the moments leading up to and immediately after the collision she was involved in.
"I would urge the driver of the Astra to come forward and speak to officers. I would also urge anyone who has seen this vehicle, which would have damage to its front, to contact police."
Anyone with information should call Wisbech police on 0845 456 4564.