50th anniversary of courthouse
PEOPLE from across the Fens decided to visit a place they would normally not wish to attend - Wisbech courthouse, home of Fenland Magistrates Court. The courthouse celebrated its 50th anniversary with an open day on Friday for students across the Fens, a
PEOPLE from across the Fens decided to visit a place they would normally not wish to attend - Wisbech courthouse, home of Fenland Magistrates' Court.
The courthouse celebrated its 50th anniversary with an open day on Friday for students across the Fens, and on Saturday for the public.
A number of mock sessions were held during the two days, complete with bench, prosecution and defence lawyers and a court clerk, showing how the court would normally operate.
Students also had the chance to take part in a quiz, with prizes to be given to the winners after all the quiz sheets have been marked.
You may also want to watch:
Various criminal justice agencies set up stands on Saturday, including the advisory committee which gave out information on becoming a magistrate.
A meal, attended by local dignitaries, past and present magistrates, legal advisers, solicitors and the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, was also held on Tuesday at the Rose and Crown Hotel.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 4 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 10 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary