50th anniversary of courthouse
PEOPLE from across the Fens decided to visit a place they would normally not wish to attend - Wisbech courthouse, home of Fenland Magistrates Court. The courthouse celebrated its 50th anniversary with an open day on Friday for students across the Fens, a
PEOPLE from across the Fens decided to visit a place they would normally not wish to attend - Wisbech courthouse, home of Fenland Magistrates' Court.
The courthouse celebrated its 50th anniversary with an open day on Friday for students across the Fens, and on Saturday for the public.
A number of mock sessions were held during the two days, complete with bench, prosecution and defence lawyers and a court clerk, showing how the court would normally operate.
Students also had the chance to take part in a quiz, with prizes to be given to the winners after all the quiz sheets have been marked.
You may also want to watch:
Various criminal justice agencies set up stands on Saturday, including the advisory committee which gave out information on becoming a magistrate.
A meal, attended by local dignitaries, past and present magistrates, legal advisers, solicitors and the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire, was also held on Tuesday at the Rose and Crown Hotel.
- 1 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 2 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 4 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller
- 5 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Runners caught in their 'runderwear' for Three Counties
- 8 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka
- 9 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 10 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard