£40,000 boost for Rosmini Community Centre, Wisbech welcomes two minibuses for low-cost day trips
- Credit: Archant
Two community minibuses have been introduced at The Rosmini Community Centre in Wisbech thanks to a funding boost of nearly £40,000.
The money comes from the government’s community transport minibus fund and MP Steve Barclay says this is “fantastic news”.
The centre is using the minibuses to put on low-cost journeys and has so far scheduled day trips to Hunstanton, Springfield, Baytree Gardens, Castle Acre and many more. All journeys depart and come back to the Rosmini Centre and cost between £3 and £7 depending on distance.
“The Rosmini Centre is one of 300 local charities and community groups in England which has benefited from the £25 million fund,” said MP Steve Barclay.
“The two new minibuses will help the centre to continue and expand its important work serving the community in and around Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“Since being elected it has been a key object to secure a better share of funding from national awards,” he added.
“This announcement is particularly welcome as it shows that the message is getting across.
- 1 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 2 A fiver for a photographic tour of historic Wisbech
- 3 Table tennis club 'bitterly disappointed' to be told to move
- 4 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 5 Flytippers target same Fenland road two days in a row
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
- 8 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 9 Cafe to shut for good after eight years
- 10 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
“For a long time Fenland has felt forgotten when grants have been allocated, which I have frequently raised with ministerial colleagues and those working in Whitehall.
“Whether it is pushing for funding for two minibuses, improvement of sporting facilities or getting the minister for communities and local government Greg Clark MP to visit Wisbech, progress is being made.”
To book a space on a day trip or to find out more contact Rosmini Centre Wisbech, 69a Queens Road, PE132PH, by calling 01945 474422.