£40,000 boost for Rosmini Community Centre, Wisbech welcomes two minibuses for low-cost day trips
- Credit: Archant
Two community minibuses have been introduced at The Rosmini Community Centre in Wisbech thanks to a funding boost of nearly £40,000.
The money comes from the government’s community transport minibus fund and MP Steve Barclay says this is “fantastic news”.
The centre is using the minibuses to put on low-cost journeys and has so far scheduled day trips to Hunstanton, Springfield, Baytree Gardens, Castle Acre and many more. All journeys depart and come back to the Rosmini Centre and cost between £3 and £7 depending on distance.
“The Rosmini Centre is one of 300 local charities and community groups in England which has benefited from the £25 million fund,” said MP Steve Barclay.
“The two new minibuses will help the centre to continue and expand its important work serving the community in and around Wisbech.
“Since being elected it has been a key object to secure a better share of funding from national awards,” he added.
“This announcement is particularly welcome as it shows that the message is getting across.
- 1 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 2 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 3 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 4 Painter who captured town before 1978 floods finishes 44 years on
- 5 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 6 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 7 Voi trial ‘confuses people’ about illegal e-scooters
- 8 Farmer ‘feeling low’ due to increasingly difficult working conditions
- 9 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 10 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
“For a long time Fenland has felt forgotten when grants have been allocated, which I have frequently raised with ministerial colleagues and those working in Whitehall.
“Whether it is pushing for funding for two minibuses, improvement of sporting facilities or getting the minister for communities and local government Greg Clark MP to visit Wisbech, progress is being made.”
To book a space on a day trip or to find out more contact Rosmini Centre Wisbech, 69a Queens Road, PE132PH, by calling 01945 474422.