£40,000 boost for Rosmini Community Centre, Wisbech welcomes two minibuses for low-cost day trips
- Credit: Archant
Two community minibuses have been introduced at The Rosmini Community Centre in Wisbech thanks to a funding boost of nearly £40,000.
The money comes from the government’s community transport minibus fund and MP Steve Barclay says this is “fantastic news”.
The centre is using the minibuses to put on low-cost journeys and has so far scheduled day trips to Hunstanton, Springfield, Baytree Gardens, Castle Acre and many more. All journeys depart and come back to the Rosmini Centre and cost between £3 and £7 depending on distance.
“The Rosmini Centre is one of 300 local charities and community groups in England which has benefited from the £25 million fund,” said MP Steve Barclay.
“The two new minibuses will help the centre to continue and expand its important work serving the community in and around Wisbech.
You may also want to watch:
“Since being elected it has been a key object to secure a better share of funding from national awards,” he added.
“This announcement is particularly welcome as it shows that the message is getting across.
- 1 Fenland Council loses fight to stop incinerator survey
- 2 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 3 800 sign in 24 hours to close lake where Radek drowned
- 4 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 5 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
- 6 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 10 Major youth football tournament cancelled for second year running
“For a long time Fenland has felt forgotten when grants have been allocated, which I have frequently raised with ministerial colleagues and those working in Whitehall.
“Whether it is pushing for funding for two minibuses, improvement of sporting facilities or getting the minister for communities and local government Greg Clark MP to visit Wisbech, progress is being made.”
To book a space on a day trip or to find out more contact Rosmini Centre Wisbech, 69a Queens Road, PE132PH, by calling 01945 474422.