Asda Wisbech has a Polish deli, hot pizza counter and extended fashion section thanks to £4.5 million makeover
- Credit: Archant
A hot pizza counter and Polish deli and are among the new additions at a Wisbech supermarket which has been given a £4.5 million makeover in time for Christmas.
Asda in North End, Leverington Road, which opened in 2002, also has an extended world foods section and a larger George fashion and home section.
Other changes at the store include additional self-scan checkouts, new customer toilets, 45 additional bays extending the store's health and beauty and grocery sections.
Darren Howell, general store manager at Wisbech, said: "We're pleased customers can now see the results of all the hard work which has been taking place behind the scenes at Asda Wisbech.
"We're really excited to introduce new features we know our customers will love, such as the revamped Asda Kitchen and hot pizza counter, Polish deli counter, and extended world food and George sections.
You may also want to watch:
"We'd like to thank our customers for their patience throughout the disruption and hope they enjoy shopping in our new-look store."
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer