Party for Wisbech woman who’s celebrating 25 years at accountancy firm
- Credit: Supplied
A long-standing Wisbech employee is celebrating her 25th anniversary working for a Fenland accountancy firm.
Debbie Chaplain joined Wheelers Chartered Accountants in the town in October 1994 when the firm was known as G A Wheelers & Co.
Ms Chaplain was fully qualified by 2000 and now heads up the 'Unincorporated' department at the Old Market office.
Robert Booty, co-partner of Wheelers, said: "Throughout the 25 years Debbie has also helped train a significant number of students and other members of staff.
"Her relationship with clients is always professional, they have confidence in her ability and she is often the first port of call.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to take this opportunity, on behalf of everyone, to thank you and congratulate you on such a significant anniversary and achievement of your employment with Wheelers.
"We greatly appreciate all your efforts and hard work over the years."
- 1 'Numerous cars' in roundabout crash
- 2 Police share images of Wisbech cannabis factory
- 3 Recycling firm goes bust ahead of £55,000 court fines and costs
- 4 Man hails social media after finding stolen dumper in under 48 hours
- 5 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 6 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 7 Grandmother crochets 'worry worms' for children to find
- 8 Spotted in Ely founder Mark Cooney dies
- 9 Plans for multi-million pound training school given green light
- 10 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
The celebration was held at the firm's offices in Wisbech and was well attended by work colleagues and family.
Debbie said: "Wheelers is a big part of my life and something I have enjoyed being part of for the last 25 years, and hopefully many more to come.
"I enjoyed the celebrations and thank Robert and Helen for hosting the gathering for me, and for my gift."