Three people had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire in a first-floor flat in Wisbech.

Crews from Wisbech and Thorney, along with crews from Outwell and West Walton in Norfolk, were called to the blaze on Nene Quay at 4.28am on Friday November 3.

Firefighters arrived to find a well-developed fire in a three-storey building, involving a first floor flat.

Wearing breathing apparatus, they extinguished the fire using a hose reel and cleared the smoke using a positive pressure ventilation fan.  

Three casualties were treated for smoke inhalation and left in the care of ambulance crews. 

The crews returned to their stations by 6.30am. 

The cause of the fire was accidental.