�200,000 of lottery funding will safeguard activities at Wisbech Rosmini Centre
STAFF at the Rosmini community centre in Wisbech were delighted this week to discover they have been allocated almost �200,000 in lottery funding to safeguard their future.
Manager Anita Grodkiewicz said: “We were thrilled to bits to hear about the funding, it will enable us to continue with things like our drop in centre for migrant workers, and everything that involves our volunteers, from the community cafe to IT support for older people, skills development and our stay and play sessions for parents and toddlers.
“We are a registered charity, and we are not supported by the local authority or the county council. The lottery money will come to us over five years, and will enable us to continue our work in promoting community cohesion.”
The �199,995 allocated to the Rosmini Centre was part of the �11 million in grants made by the Big Lottery Fund’s Reaching Communities programme. The Centre does a great deal of work to provide migrant workers and their families with support to integrate into the local community.
Anita said: “We have up to 130 volunteers at any one time, up to a third of them come from migrant communities. We have all different language speakers, who can help migrants deal with anything from visits to the Jobcentre or the doctor.
You may also want to watch:
Activities at the centre include the community caf�, lunch club, breakfast and after school clubs; along with language lessons. The Centre has also recently secured funding from a number of sources for its youth services, that include drama classes and art classes.
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare
- 9 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 10 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star