185-acre arable farm in Elm available to rent as part of County Council's Farms Estate
A 185-ACRE arable farm in Fenland – complete with a three-bedroom house and buildings – is available next year as part of Cambridgeshire County Council s Farms Estate. Needham and Rookery Farm, in Elm, is available to let from October next year. A viewing
A 185-ACRE arable farm in Fenland - complete with a three-bedroom house and buildings - is available next year as part of Cambridgeshire County Council's Farms Estate.
Needham and Rookery Farm, in Elm, is available to let from October next year. A viewing day for prospective tenants takes place on January 21 next year.
Councillor John Reynolds, Cabinet Member for Resources and Performance, said: "These farms offer the tenants the chance to start their own rural business or to move up the farming ladder.
"The chance to take over a farm in the Cambridgeshire countryside is a rare opportunity and I'm sure there will be a lot of interest."
The County Farms Estate has around 250 tenant farmers working more than 30,000 acres.
• For more information visit www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/countyfarms or contact Sarah Goodier on 01223 699095. Alternatively, e-mail email@example.com.
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Elderly man scares off would-be burglar
- 4 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 5 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 6 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 7 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 8 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
The closing date for tenancy applications is January 29, 2010