150 jobs on offer at third annual Jobs Fair coming to Wisbech in April
- Credit: Archant
Luminus Ferry Project that helps homeless people in Fenland will be holding its third annual job fair on April 15 at the Queen Mary Centre, Wisbech.
The fair is funded by the Greater Cambridgeshire Greater Peterborough Enterprise Partnership, and will take place from 10am until 6pm.
All are welcome to attend throughout the day; however the morning will be particularly focused on 15-24 year olds who are seeking employment.
Over 20 local and national business and training organisations will attend the event, with over 150 jobs on offer in a whole range of careers. Already registered to attend are Anglian Water, Bar Hale, the College of West Anglia and Luminus Group.
The fair is open to all residents of Wisbech and the surrounding areas and is a relaxed setting for members of the community – both unemployed and employed – to come if they are looking to find employment, want to develop their skills or change their career.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a large range of training and volunteering opportunities available to those who would like to dip their toes back into the job market. Last year over 500 people attended with many find employment as a result.
Luminus Ferry Project Director, Keith Smith, said: “Work is an important part of our lives. Sometimes finding a job or the right job for you can be difficult. Getting started again after a career break also has its challenges.
- 1 Businessman slams council’s coronavirus grants in explosive live rant
- 2 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 3 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 7 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
- 8 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 9 Fly-tipped sofa second reported incident this week
- 10 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
“Ferry Project is proud to be able to hold the Job Fair in our community to help people get ready for work and connect with employers.”
For more information please contact the QMC on 01945 581444 or visit the job fair website at www.queenmarycentre.co.uk/.