Called to arrest a teenage burglar, police find £140,000 cannabis ‘factory’ inside Wisbech house
- Credit: Archant
Police who were called to question a suspected burglar discovered £140,000 worth of cannabis in the same house.
Inquiries are now ongoing to find who was responsible for the mini cannabis ‘factory found in the house in the St Peter’s Road, Wisbech.
A police spokesman confirmed that neighbourhood officers were attending a separate incident when they came across the drugs. The spokesman said there were around 209 cannabis plants with a ‘potential yield of £140,000”.
The spokesman added: “Investigations are ongoing.”
Meanwhile the reason they attended the house last Thursday at 1.40pm was because of what was described as “reports of suspicious activity”.
You may also want to watch:
A teenage boy was arrested on suspicion of burglary: it was while they were at the property that police came across the cannabis plants.
- 1 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 2 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 A141 closed at roundabout after lorry overturns
- 5 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 6 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn to speak at King's Lynn hospital rally
- 9 Mum shares her experience in call for IVF to be reinstated
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze