Couple describe ‘absolutely perfect’ day after Wisbech Castle steps in at 11th hour to save their wedding
- Credit: Archant
A couple described how they will be “forever grateful” after Wisbech Castle stepped in to save their wedding day.
Nathan Odell and his fiancé Chloe had their original wedding cancelled – by email – just five weeks before their big day. They were told the venue was closing.
“All those months of worrying, to then have a glimmer of hope just disappear in front of me in one email,” Chloe wrote on the Guide for Brides website.
“I drove to work sobbing that morning.”
But Chloe says her father was approached by a local town councillor he knew and asked if they would like to use Wisbech Castle.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the venue I originally wanted but at the time of booking, was closed for renovation,” said Chloe.
And so, the wedding went ahead and Chloe says there was not “a single thing that the team at Wisbech Castle would not do to help us”.
- 1 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 2 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 5 Man charged with drink driving, possession of a knife and cannabis
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
From organising the registrar, to making the castle Covid compliant to even “planting flowers in our colour scheme to match the big day”.
And, she says, the couple got to walk out onto the castle balcony with family, friends and guests cheering and clapping.
Chloe said that the day was “absolutely perfect” and she thanked the town council and the castle volunteers for making it possible.
She added: “As a gift from the Castle, they have offered to have our first anniversary there, in the gardens for a party, absolutely free. So up yours COVID, you can’t stop love!”
Chloe’s full story can be found here: www.guidesforbrides.co.uk/