Couple describe ‘absolutely perfect’ day after Wisbech Castle steps in at 11th hour to save their wedding
- Credit: Archant
A couple described how they will be “forever grateful” after Wisbech Castle stepped in to save their wedding day.
Nathan Odell and his fiancé Chloe had their original wedding cancelled – by email – just five weeks before their big day. They were told the venue was closing.
“All those months of worrying, to then have a glimmer of hope just disappear in front of me in one email,” Chloe wrote on the Guide for Brides website.
“I drove to work sobbing that morning.”
But Chloe says her father was approached by a local town councillor he knew and asked if they would like to use Wisbech Castle.
You may also want to watch:
“This was the venue I originally wanted but at the time of booking, was closed for renovation,” said Chloe.
And so, the wedding went ahead and Chloe says there was not “a single thing that the team at Wisbech Castle would not do to help us”.
- 1 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Victim of ‘joke’ that backfired left paralysed
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
From organising the registrar, to making the castle Covid compliant to even “planting flowers in our colour scheme to match the big day”.
And, she says, the couple got to walk out onto the castle balcony with family, friends and guests cheering and clapping.
Chloe said that the day was “absolutely perfect” and she thanked the town council and the castle volunteers for making it possible.
She added: “As a gift from the Castle, they have offered to have our first anniversary there, in the gardens for a party, absolutely free. So up yours COVID, you can’t stop love!”
Chloe’s full story can be found here: www.guidesforbrides.co.uk/