Eight drivers caught doing more than 100mph on A47
- Credit: Archant
Police have stopped eight drivers going in excess of 100mph on one stretch of the A47.
The motorists were caught on Sunday by officers from Norfolk and Suffolk’s Roads Policing Unit on the A47 at Terrington St John.
Speeds ranged from 102mph to 120mph. Officers on Twitter confirmed all drivers have been reported.
And on Sunday night on the A11, two drivers were stopped for doing 100mph.
One of the drivers blew a positive breath test and provided a positive road side drugs test.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Chris Harris said on Twitter: “Just finishing and reflecting on some disappointing results tonight including 2 drivers I stopped #A11 Wymondham.
“Driver under limit on alcohol evidential specimen & released pending drug blood results.”
- 1 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 2 'We will improve' believes new Wisbech St Mary boss after opening defeat
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 42nd fireworks spectacular out to return with a bang