�10,000 reward offered after robbery at Tote Sport in Peterborough
A REWARD of up to �10,000 is being offered after a robbery at Tote Sport in Peterborough on Wednesday.The reward is being offered by the Association of British Bookmakers for information leading to the prosecution of those responsible or the prevention o
A REWARD of up to �10,000 is being offered after a robbery at Tote Sport in Peterborough on Wednesday.
The reward is being offered by the Association of British Bookmakers for information leading to the prosecution of those responsible or the prevention of similar offences at the premises in the future.
The robbery took place at 10.20am at Tote Sport in Broadway. A man entered the building and threatened staff with what was believed to be a black handgun.
Four customers were in the shop when the offender entered and ran to the front desk. He pointed the gun at the face of a member of staff and climbed onto the counter and over the four foot high protective screen.
The staff member was sat on a cashier's stool and told to put the phone down which she was holding. He pointed the gun into her face and told her to get down, or he would shoot. He then pulled her to the floor and knelt on her chest.
The robber stole several hundred pounds in cash from a safe before taking the float under the cashier's desk. In total, he's believed to have taken between �500 and �1,000.
- 1 Town road to remain closed following serious crash
- 2 WEIRD NORFOLK: The local shoe shop haunted by a 'one-legged poltergeist'
- 3 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 4 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 5 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 10 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
The offender then told the staff member to stay down before running out the shop, down Broadway and turning towards Westgate. He is believed to have run through Westgate Arcade.
The offender was described as Asian, in his late 20s and spoke with a Peterborough accent. He was a skinny build and was 6ft. He was unshaven with facial hair and a moustache.
He had dark eyes and wore a khaki green zip-up jacket with a distinctive six-inch white horizontal stripe on the front and orange Adidas stripes on the sleeves.
He also wore dark trousers and black and white Adidas trainers. He was wearing a black balaclava.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Sgt Mark Smith at Thorpe Wood Police Station on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.