�10,000 reward offered after robbery at Tote Sport in Peterborough
A REWARD of up to �10,000 is being offered after a robbery at Tote Sport in Peterborough on Wednesday.The reward is being offered by the Association of British Bookmakers for information leading to the prosecution of those responsible or the prevention o
A REWARD of up to �10,000 is being offered after a robbery at Tote Sport in Peterborough on Wednesday.
The reward is being offered by the Association of British Bookmakers for information leading to the prosecution of those responsible or the prevention of similar offences at the premises in the future.
The robbery took place at 10.20am at Tote Sport in Broadway. A man entered the building and threatened staff with what was believed to be a black handgun.
Four customers were in the shop when the offender entered and ran to the front desk. He pointed the gun at the face of a member of staff and climbed onto the counter and over the four foot high protective screen.
You may also want to watch:
The staff member was sat on a cashier's stool and told to put the phone down which she was holding. He pointed the gun into her face and told her to get down, or he would shoot. He then pulled her to the floor and knelt on her chest.
The robber stole several hundred pounds in cash from a safe before taking the float under the cashier's desk. In total, he's believed to have taken between �500 and �1,000.
- 1 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 4 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 5 Hughes Electrical re-open Monday at Wisbech and Ely
- 6 Cafe boss throws hat in the ring for county election
- 7 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 8 Five year mystery of what happened to modern day slavery victim
- 9 Covid cases down at Norfolk hospital, but concerns remain over roof
- 10 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
The offender then told the staff member to stay down before running out the shop, down Broadway and turning towards Westgate. He is believed to have run through Westgate Arcade.
The offender was described as Asian, in his late 20s and spoke with a Peterborough accent. He was a skinny build and was 6ft. He was unshaven with facial hair and a moustache.
He had dark eyes and wore a khaki green zip-up jacket with a distinctive six-inch white horizontal stripe on the front and orange Adidas stripes on the sleeves.
He also wore dark trousers and black and white Adidas trainers. He was wearing a black balaclava.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Det Sgt Mark Smith at Thorpe Wood Police Station on 0345 456 4564 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.