- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech school pupil has bagged a big prize in an art competition organised by the town’s Tesco Extra store.
Demi-Mai Wiles, of The Peckover Primary School, won £300 for the school plus a £25 gift card for herself.
The best prize was seeing the winning artwork printed on 250 re-usable jute shopping bags which will now be distributed free to parents and children at the winning school.
This week Demi-Mai, accompanied by classmates, family and school staff, visited the store to pick up their prize. after she won a competition to tell customers about the store’s click and collect grovery online shopping service.
Schoolchildren were asked to design an eye-catching picture to promote the new service in which shoppers can order groceries online and arrange to pick them up at a collection point in the car park.
You may also want to watch:
Demi-Mai’s entry was selected by judges for its colour, impact, sense of fun and style.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police