- Credit: Archant
A Wisbech school pupil has bagged a big prize in an art competition organised by the town’s Tesco Extra store.
Demi-Mai Wiles, of The Peckover Primary School, won £300 for the school plus a £25 gift card for herself.
The best prize was seeing the winning artwork printed on 250 re-usable jute shopping bags which will now be distributed free to parents and children at the winning school.
This week Demi-Mai, accompanied by classmates, family and school staff, visited the store to pick up their prize. after she won a competition to tell customers about the store’s click and collect grovery online shopping service.
Schoolchildren were asked to design an eye-catching picture to promote the new service in which shoppers can order groceries online and arrange to pick them up at a collection point in the car park.
You may also want to watch:
Demi-Mai’s entry was selected by judges for its colour, impact, sense of fun and style.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 5 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire