WISBECH: Two replies from an appeal for information - but now I'm after more
I WANTED you to know that I have received two replies to date, one from a lady who used to work with my mother in Wisbech. Her name is now Eva Coston, nee Radford, and the other was from a man whose mother has died recently, but he found out from his uncl
I WANTED you to know that I have received two replies to date, one from a lady who used to work with my mother in Wisbech. Her name is now Eva Coston, nee Radford, and the other was from a man whose mother has died recently, but he found out from his uncle that my mother and other land girls were on a photograph that he had found amongst belongings.
I intend to phone Mrs Coston, and I have replied to the man who has promised to try and gather some further information for me.
It did not occur to me at the time of originally writing to you, that I might have more success, if I had provided a telephone number instead of just an e-mail address. So if you are prepared to put another entry in the Wisbech Standard, you are welcome to state that I can be contacted on the telephone number 01617948302.
I shall keep you informed about any further responses that I receive. It has greatly surprised me that people from the town actually remember my mother, but now I am hoping to learn more about the two townspeople that I asked about, that is Mr Frank Hare and Miss Ethel Gathergood.
You may also want to watch:
Thanks for your help to date.
- 1 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 2 Busy month as port handles nine ships in May
- 3 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 6 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 7 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 8 Free public transport app launched to help Cambs passengers
- 9 RAF Lakenheath fly-over in memory of US airman Kenneth ‘Kage’ Allen