WISBECH: Two replies from an appeal for information - but now I'm after more
I WANTED you to know that I have received two replies to date, one from a lady who used to work with my mother in Wisbech. Her name is now Eva Coston, nee Radford, and the other was from a man whose mother has died recently, but he found out from his uncl
I WANTED you to know that I have received two replies to date, one from a lady who used to work with my mother in Wisbech. Her name is now Eva Coston, nee Radford, and the other was from a man whose mother has died recently, but he found out from his uncle that my mother and other land girls were on a photograph that he had found amongst belongings.
I intend to phone Mrs Coston, and I have replied to the man who has promised to try and gather some further information for me.
It did not occur to me at the time of originally writing to you, that I might have more success, if I had provided a telephone number instead of just an e-mail address. So if you are prepared to put another entry in the Wisbech Standard, you are welcome to state that I can be contacted on the telephone number 01617948302.
I shall keep you informed about any further responses that I receive. It has greatly surprised me that people from the town actually remember my mother, but now I am hoping to learn more about the two townspeople that I asked about, that is Mr Frank Hare and Miss Ethel Gathergood.
Thanks for your help to date.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 7 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 8 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 9 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday
- 10 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home