WISBECH: Traffic change is a horror
I TOTALLY agree with everything that your correspondent Met Police Traffic Copper has said concerning recent traffic changes in our town roads. The example he has taken of the changes at the Clarkson Memorial is the brainwave of someone sitting in an
I TOTALLY agree with everything that your correspondent 'Met Police Traffic Copper' has said concerning recent traffic changes in our town roads.
The example he has taken of the changes at the Clarkson Memorial is the brainwave of someone sitting in an office not a million miles away from Wisbech.
Whilst I have not stood and observed the traffic at this location, I have sat in the queue of traffic on the right-hand lane of Churchill Road approaching the Freedom Bridge roundabout and watched vehicles whizzing past in the left-hand seemingly enjoying an empty road in their journey to the town centre.
Another marvellous brainwave which will be vehemently supported by that person sitting in that office!
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps they could come up with an idea to make double yellow lines less of an attraction to parking motorists.
The Mayor's recent comparisons between Wisbech and that other place not a million miles away do seem applicable here as well.
- 1 Drug free, drink free BMW driver crashes into wall
- 2 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate
- 3 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 A141 closed after motorcycle crash
- 6 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Body found in Wisbech road
- 9 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 10 Bomb scare was a 'hoax' say police
I have often heard the expression, "someone up there doesn't like me", well, maybe someone over there doesn't like us.
Whilst writing I applaud the efforts being made by your coloumnist in the "Robin's Nest", and wish him more power to his limited elbow.