WISBECH: The new cinema is a great idea
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women s Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech. I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women's Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech.
I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to the Horsefair Shopping Centre well over twenty years ago.
Since then young and old who enjoy films on the big screen, have had to either travel to Peterborough or King's Lynn, which is time-consuming, expensive and relies upon the fact that people have transportation.
I therefore implore people to make the effort to use this facility, because failing to do so, will result in the loss of another of this town's assets.
You may also want to watch:
With the current economic environment as it is, it must be a nerve-wracking time for its owner and I salute him for taking the risk and opening anyway.
I wish him every success and look forward to my next visit.
- 1 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 2 Suspected drug dealers arrested in Wisbech raid
- 3 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 4 New independent funeral service opens in Wisbech
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 Man on the run after stealing e-scooter from child
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 9 Food delivery service Deliveroo launches in ‘next couple of months’
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder