WISBECH: The new cinema is a great idea
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women s Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech. I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women's Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech.
I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to the Horsefair Shopping Centre well over twenty years ago.
Since then young and old who enjoy films on the big screen, have had to either travel to Peterborough or King's Lynn, which is time-consuming, expensive and relies upon the fact that people have transportation.
I therefore implore people to make the effort to use this facility, because failing to do so, will result in the loss of another of this town's assets.
With the current economic environment as it is, it must be a nerve-wracking time for its owner and I salute him for taking the risk and opening anyway.
I wish him every success and look forward to my next visit.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 3 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 4 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Detectives given longer to question Downham Market murder suspects
- 7 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 8 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 9 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 10 Travel firm to send our special Covid carers on a 'thank you' holiday