WISBECH: The new cinema is a great idea
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women s Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech. I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women's Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech.
I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to the Horsefair Shopping Centre well over twenty years ago.
Since then young and old who enjoy films on the big screen, have had to either travel to Peterborough or King's Lynn, which is time-consuming, expensive and relies upon the fact that people have transportation.
I therefore implore people to make the effort to use this facility, because failing to do so, will result in the loss of another of this town's assets.
You may also want to watch:
With the current economic environment as it is, it must be a nerve-wracking time for its owner and I salute him for taking the risk and opening anyway.
I wish him every success and look forward to my next visit.
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 7 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 8 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 9 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021