WISBECH: The new cinema is a great idea
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women s Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech. I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to
I AM writing to pledge my support to the new cinema, The Luxe, which has opened in what was previously the Women's Institute Hall on Alexander Road in Wisbech.
I am in my thirties and recall the wonderful cinema that we had in the town, which was lost to the Horsefair Shopping Centre well over twenty years ago.
Since then young and old who enjoy films on the big screen, have had to either travel to Peterborough or King's Lynn, which is time-consuming, expensive and relies upon the fact that people have transportation.
I therefore implore people to make the effort to use this facility, because failing to do so, will result in the loss of another of this town's assets.
You may also want to watch:
With the current economic environment as it is, it must be a nerve-wracking time for its owner and I salute him for taking the risk and opening anyway.
I wish him every success and look forward to my next visit.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 3 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 6 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter