WISBECH: The Dawn Chorus was a very enjoyable event
I WOULD like to thank John Smith and his team for a very enjoyable Sunday morning at the Dawn Chorus in Wisbech. The birds were in fine voice and put on an excellent show for everyone who attended. There were so many to choose from but the most impressive
I WOULD like to thank John Smith and his team for a very enjoyable Sunday morning at the Dawn Chorus in Wisbech.
The birds were in fine voice and put on an excellent show for everyone who attended. There were so many to choose from but the most impressive has to be the song thrush and there were plenty of those.
My family and I turned up at about 5am and found quite a few people already in the park. The officials were easy to identify from their coloured hats, the bird expert wore a red hat and others who were able to give you the history of the park, wore yellow.
What impressed me most was the fact the birds were not frightened by the people milling around the park but in fact seemed to show off and came close to you. This enabled everyone to have a good look at them.
You may also want to watch:
If this event is repeated next year, I would recommend it to everyone because Wisbech is so lucky to have the variety of birds it has in such pleasant surroundings.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 3 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
- 4 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 5 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 6 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 9 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 10 Residents get chance to contribute to church's Bible project