WISBECH TAXI MOVE: Councillor's got no sense
I FEEL the comments made by Councillor Kit Owen as read in last week s Wisbech Standard are totally misguiding to the public and grossly unfair to his committee members. Full marks to the councillors, who by their own admission, said they had not seen the
I FEEL the comments made by Councillor Kit Owen as read in last week's Wisbech Standard are totally misguiding to the public and grossly unfair to his committee members.
Full marks to the councillors, who by their own admission, said they had not seen the site and the recommendation that a site visit should take place.
But the remarks by Cllr Owen regarding where his committee's members' loyalties lie are unfair.
Those committee members, who did not allow the bulldozing through of the proposals, have done so, because of mass public response saying they want the taxis on the Horsefair.
To be precise, nearly 900 people have signed a petition. The Chamber of Commerce, Wisbech Town Council, and the Horsefair Centre manager also lend their support.
So Cllr Owen, how many more people have to tell you what the taxi drivers have told you?
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 8 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
"Leave us as we are".
After the fiasco of the meeting held on December 2 even Richard Pengelly, Operations Manager of Norfolk Green, has agreed that our Association should get around the table with them to see if we can work together on the Horsefair.
So come on Cllr Owen enter the real world, listen to the people and stop telling them what you are doing is to keep them safe.
Nearly everybody has told you what they want, which is to leave us alone as we are.
Never mind the committee using their common sense Cllr Owen needs to use his.
For and on behalf of Wisbech & District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association