WISBECH TAXI MOVE: Councillor's got no sense
I FEEL the comments made by Councillor Kit Owen as read in last week s Wisbech Standard are totally misguiding to the public and grossly unfair to his committee members. Full marks to the councillors, who by their own admission, said they had not seen the
I FEEL the comments made by Councillor Kit Owen as read in last week's Wisbech Standard are totally misguiding to the public and grossly unfair to his committee members.
Full marks to the councillors, who by their own admission, said they had not seen the site and the recommendation that a site visit should take place.
But the remarks by Cllr Owen regarding where his committee's members' loyalties lie are unfair.
Those committee members, who did not allow the bulldozing through of the proposals, have done so, because of mass public response saying they want the taxis on the Horsefair.
To be precise, nearly 900 people have signed a petition. The Chamber of Commerce, Wisbech Town Council, and the Horsefair Centre manager also lend their support.
So Cllr Owen, how many more people have to tell you what the taxi drivers have told you?
- 1 Arsonist started fire in Wisbech care home
- 2 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Smiles return as bridge re-painting comes to an end
- 5 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 6 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 7 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 8 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
"Leave us as we are".
After the fiasco of the meeting held on December 2 even Richard Pengelly, Operations Manager of Norfolk Green, has agreed that our Association should get around the table with them to see if we can work together on the Horsefair.
So come on Cllr Owen enter the real world, listen to the people and stop telling them what you are doing is to keep them safe.
Nearly everybody has told you what they want, which is to leave us alone as we are.
Never mind the committee using their common sense Cllr Owen needs to use his.
For and on behalf of Wisbech & District Hackney Carriage Drivers Association