Wisbech store’s 6am-11pm licence will only add to a growing decline
AFTER reading your latest article about Wisbech International Food & Wine’s application for a 6am-11pm licence, I feel I must right to express my concerns about such a move.
I have lived in Wisbech for the past 23 years but over the last few years I have noticed a growing decline in the litter/cans in the streets of our town.
I have enclosed just a couple of pictures I took in Wisbech park at 8am on Mothering Sunday, it clearly shows the disregard to the no drinking rules and, as far as littering in the area, I think the photo says it all.
Whilst it may be politically incorrect to point the finger it is time somebody said what we are all aware of, a place open at these times of day will only add to the drinking culture problem we already have and to the decline in our town.
I for one am fed up of seeing empty cans of beer left laying in the street and pushed into hedges or left around park benches.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 10 How was conman hired as NHS finance boss five months after being unmasked?