Wisbech store’s 6am-11pm licence will only add to a growing decline
AFTER reading your latest article about Wisbech International Food & Wine’s application for a 6am-11pm licence, I feel I must right to express my concerns about such a move.
I have lived in Wisbech for the past 23 years but over the last few years I have noticed a growing decline in the litter/cans in the streets of our town.
I have enclosed just a couple of pictures I took in Wisbech park at 8am on Mothering Sunday, it clearly shows the disregard to the no drinking rules and, as far as littering in the area, I think the photo says it all.
Whilst it may be politically incorrect to point the finger it is time somebody said what we are all aware of, a place open at these times of day will only add to the drinking culture problem we already have and to the decline in our town.
I for one am fed up of seeing empty cans of beer left laying in the street and pushed into hedges or left around park benches.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'