Wisbech shoppers urged to take free and confidential chlamydia test at Horsefair
SHOPPERS aged between 16 and 25 can take a free and confidential chlamydia test at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre on Saturday.
Members of the Cambridgeshire Chlamydia Screening Programme will be at the centre’s bus station between 10am-5pm to offer quick tests to young shoppers.
Testers will need to provide a urine sample of self-taken swab and contact details. They will then be text their results within a fortnight.
Zoe Garner, chlamydia screening outreach team leader, said: “We are returning to Wisbech with the aim of testing even more young people.
“Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted infection amongst males and females aged between 16 and 25.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition to the testing, there will be a wealth of information on sexual health and some great prizes up for grabs in our raffle.”
Raffle prizes of iTunes vouchers worth �15, shopping vouchers worth �5 and cinema tickets can be won by those who get tested.
- 1 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 2 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 6 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 7 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 8 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 9 ‘This is not a puppy farm’ says breeder in response to planning objections
- 10 Two charged with Wisbech murder