Wisbech shoppers urged to take free and confidential chlamydia test at Horsefair
SHOPPERS aged between 16 and 25 can take a free and confidential chlamydia test at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre on Saturday.
Members of the Cambridgeshire Chlamydia Screening Programme will be at the centre’s bus station between 10am-5pm to offer quick tests to young shoppers.
Testers will need to provide a urine sample of self-taken swab and contact details. They will then be text their results within a fortnight.
Zoe Garner, chlamydia screening outreach team leader, said: “We are returning to Wisbech with the aim of testing even more young people.
“Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted infection amongst males and females aged between 16 and 25.
“In addition to the testing, there will be a wealth of information on sexual health and some great prizes up for grabs in our raffle.”
Raffle prizes of iTunes vouchers worth �15, shopping vouchers worth �5 and cinema tickets can be won by those who get tested.
- 1 Crowds watch as Wisbech lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 Council’s final meeting of 2021 to include minute’s silence for those lost
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 6 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 7 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 8 Ex-wife of killer Colin Hill shares rape ordeal more than 30 years on
- 9 New £566k convenience store opens creating 12 jobs
- 10 Health chiefs call for action amid rise in sexually transmitted infections