Wisbech shoppers urged to take free and confidential chlamydia test at Horsefair
SHOPPERS aged between 16 and 25 can take a free and confidential chlamydia test at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre on Saturday.
Members of the Cambridgeshire Chlamydia Screening Programme will be at the centre’s bus station between 10am-5pm to offer quick tests to young shoppers.
Testers will need to provide a urine sample of self-taken swab and contact details. They will then be text their results within a fortnight.
Zoe Garner, chlamydia screening outreach team leader, said: “We are returning to Wisbech with the aim of testing even more young people.
“Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted infection amongst males and females aged between 16 and 25.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition to the testing, there will be a wealth of information on sexual health and some great prizes up for grabs in our raffle.”
Raffle prizes of iTunes vouchers worth �15, shopping vouchers worth �5 and cinema tickets can be won by those who get tested.
- 1 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 2 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 3 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 4 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 5 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 6 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 7 Bungling burglar confronted wearing stolen clothes
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Hoax caller flouted strict court order after just three days
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed