Wisbech shoppers urged to take free and confidential chlamydia test at Horsefair
SHOPPERS aged between 16 and 25 can take a free and confidential chlamydia test at Wisbech’s Horsefair Shopping Centre on Saturday.
Members of the Cambridgeshire Chlamydia Screening Programme will be at the centre’s bus station between 10am-5pm to offer quick tests to young shoppers.
Testers will need to provide a urine sample of self-taken swab and contact details. They will then be text their results within a fortnight.
Zoe Garner, chlamydia screening outreach team leader, said: “We are returning to Wisbech with the aim of testing even more young people.
“Chlamydia is one of the most common sexually transmitted infection amongst males and females aged between 16 and 25.
You may also want to watch:
“In addition to the testing, there will be a wealth of information on sexual health and some great prizes up for grabs in our raffle.”
Raffle prizes of iTunes vouchers worth �15, shopping vouchers worth �5 and cinema tickets can be won by those who get tested.
- 1 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 2 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’