WISBECH: School photo brought back some memories - perhaps this will too
I WAS interested to see your picture last week of pupils at Miss Lilley s school, which initially was in Tavistock Road, Wisbech, and not Clarkson Avenue. There was a second rival school at the time, namely Norfolk House Preparatory School in Bowthorpe R
I WAS interested to see your picture last week of pupils at Miss Lilley's school, which initially was in Tavistock Road, Wisbech, and not Clarkson Avenue.
There was a second rival school at the time, namely Norfolk House Preparatory School in Bowthorpe Road. I enclose a photo of pupils taken in the late 1930's.
Pictured in the photo: Back row, left to right, Pam Flint, three unknown pupils, then Betty Rome. Middle row: left to right, unknown, Geoff Burnham, Joan Blaxill, unknown, unknown, Mervyn Marshall, Roger Green; front row, left to right, Roy Reeve, Donald Hamilton, Janet Haffner, Doreen Cobb, Wendy Skoulding, Terry Skoulding.
I think Sheila Keirman and Margaret Collins are also on the picture, but I cannot clearly identify them.
You may also want to watch:
CLLR ROGER GREEN
- 1 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Frightened cancer patient with Covid relieved as hospital extend stay
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 The Queen Elizabeth Hospital launches Covid-19 patient helpline
- 8 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide