Wisbech school celebrating after catering team bag top qualifications
THE catering team at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech have been rewarded with top qualifications for their service with a smile.
The team have passed their NVQ Level Two in Customer Services. The newly transformed catering service - eatin@tccc - has introduced successful initiatives including subs, fruit and salad bars, a hot drinks vending machine and cashless catering.
Students can now purchase snacks, meals and healthy eating options without the need to carry money on them within school.
The system allows pupils and parents to top up a balance of funds to a student account via the internet or at school premises. A finger print reader then debits meal payments directly from the student’s account.
Catering Manager Alison Fletcher said: “It’s been hard work studying for this qualification but we were fully supported by the college to fit in study around our responsibilities and I’m really proud of the team achievement.
You may also want to watch:
“The course has definitely helped us in our jobs here and means that we are able to improve how we deal with customers.”
The team - Mrs Fletcher, Sandra Cook, Trudy Ridgewell, Joan Hadikin, Sharon Field, Mary Buffham, Denise Goodale and Lindsay Walpole - began the NVQ course eight months ago and worked together to earn their certificates of recognition.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 5 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 6 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 7 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 8 'Every number is a lost life' - Worst Covid affected care homes in Cambs
- 9 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 10 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
Maureen Strudwick, principal, said: “This is a fantastic achievement for a team of staff committed to improving customer service and to providing the students and staff with a quality catering experience.
“It is testament to their hard work and dedication that they have achieved this qualification as a whole service demonstrating the fantastic Thomas Clarkson Community College team spirit.”