WISBECH RECYCLING CENTRE: Height restriction is wrong
I HAD just loaded my works van with some bottles, old clothes, timber and a lot of cardboard to take down to the recycling centre in Wisbech. When I arrived I was astonished to see that the county council had installed a maximum height restriction of two
I HAD just loaded my works van with some bottles, old clothes, timber and a lot of cardboard to take down to the recycling centre in Wisbech.
When I arrived I was astonished to see that the county council had installed a maximum height restriction of two metres on the entrance.
I wonder what jobs-worth thought of this stupid idea.
There are many people who do not own a car and use their work's van to take things down to the recycling centre.
You may also want to watch:
If you have a settee, bed, fridge-freezer and alike to dispose of you can not get these in a car, people use their works van or get a friend with a van to help them.
The government, county council and local council are always telling us to recycle as much as we can to cut down on the amount going into landfill sites.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 4 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 5 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 6 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Burger entrepreneur excited to reopen as lockdown eases on May 17
As this facility is funded by the council tax which we all pay, this height restriction is stopping me from using this facility and stopping me from recycling.
I will from now on have to put all my rubbish which can not be put in the blue or brown wheelie bins, into the green one, thus sending more rubbish to landfill.
As you are the voice of Wisbech may you consider starting a campaign to have this height restriction removed from the recycling centre?
I have not given you my name and address so that the local council will not keep a check on what I put in to my green wheelie bin.
AN ANGRY RECYCLER