WISBECH: Parking is dangerous outside the Grammar School
I AM writing in regard to your recent article (Friday March 13 parking mad). I would like to re-iterate what has been said by Andrew and Jane Denby, the parking by parents of Wisbech Grammar school is shocking which in turn makes it very dangerous. It is
I AM writing in regard to your recent article (Friday March 13 parking mad).
I would like to re-iterate what has been said by Andrew and Jane Denby, the parking by parents of Wisbech Grammar school is shocking which in turn makes it very dangerous.
It is pointless trying to get in and out of Wisbech when the Grammar are going to and from school, because it takes you ten times along to drive down North Brink as it normally would.
It is not only parents but sixth form too, they park all along North Brink and Barton Road too.
You may also want to watch:
I am at sixth form and because of consideration for the people living around the school area there is a designated sixth form car park in which we can park and not block up surrounding streets.
I use Barton Road every day and therefore can deeply sympathise with readers who do find this annoying.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 3 'Disbelief’ for disability centre after staff member’s scooter is stolen
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 9 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 10 Hairdressing student is best of 1,000 after winning national competition
The picture of cars double parked near the Red Lion is a frequent scenario blocking the exit that the other part of North Brink.
What I can't understand is why Chapel Road Car Park is not used more?!
It is sheer laziness that parents can not park in this car park and walk what is a two minute walk to the school.
How can most other schools in the area not cause congestion to public highways yet one school almost brings part of Wisbech to a standstill when they are going to and coming from school?!
POOR Mr Hammond.
He isn't the law to stop and sort out the parking problems.
People in Wisbech are a law unto themselves.
Until the police or traffic wardens start being ruthless this problem will carry on.
Not just at the Grammar School, but at all schools.
CONCERNED WISBECH RESIDENT