WISBECH: Parking is dangerous outside the Grammar School
I AM writing in regard to your recent article (Friday March 13 parking mad). I would like to re-iterate what has been said by Andrew and Jane Denby, the parking by parents of Wisbech Grammar school is shocking which in turn makes it very dangerous. It is
I AM writing in regard to your recent article (Friday March 13 parking mad).
I would like to re-iterate what has been said by Andrew and Jane Denby, the parking by parents of Wisbech Grammar school is shocking which in turn makes it very dangerous.
It is pointless trying to get in and out of Wisbech when the Grammar are going to and from school, because it takes you ten times along to drive down North Brink as it normally would.
It is not only parents but sixth form too, they park all along North Brink and Barton Road too.
You may also want to watch:
I am at sixth form and because of consideration for the people living around the school area there is a designated sixth form car park in which we can park and not block up surrounding streets.
I use Barton Road every day and therefore can deeply sympathise with readers who do find this annoying.
- 1 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
The picture of cars double parked near the Red Lion is a frequent scenario blocking the exit that the other part of North Brink.
What I can't understand is why Chapel Road Car Park is not used more?!
It is sheer laziness that parents can not park in this car park and walk what is a two minute walk to the school.
How can most other schools in the area not cause congestion to public highways yet one school almost brings part of Wisbech to a standstill when they are going to and coming from school?!
POOR Mr Hammond.
He isn't the law to stop and sort out the parking problems.
People in Wisbech are a law unto themselves.
Until the police or traffic wardens start being ruthless this problem will carry on.
Not just at the Grammar School, but at all schools.
CONCERNED WISBECH RESIDENT