WISBECH: Model Railway Club needs a new home for its Exhibition Standard layout
FOUR years ago last month, the Wisbech Model Railway Club was formed. We have built an Exhibition Standard layout that has been exhibited four times already, with another three booked for this year and two more, in 2010. Since the start and by the extreme
FOUR years ago last month, the Wisbech Model Railway Club was formed.
We have built an Exhibition Standard layout that has been exhibited four times already, with another three booked for this year and two more, in 2010.
Since the start and by the extreme kindness of a local businessman, we have had somewhere to build and house this layout, but now unfortunately, we have become too successful for our own good and outgrown the current venue.
So we are seeking another as soon as we possibly can and preferably within a short distance of the town.
You may also want to watch:
We are seeking a large room or hall, preferably of some 50 metres x 30 metres, for sole use and long term, which must be on ground level due to a disabled member who is in a wheelchair, with nearby parking.
We are prepared to pay rent for it, but depending on what we are charged, plus we need to keep the layout up all the time until the need for exhibitions?
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 5 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 6 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 10 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
So if anybody does have, or even know of a place of this size to spare, that is secure, and has main facilities etc please either e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07731 859199 with the details.
Chairman Wisbech Model Railway Club