WISBECH LIONS: Thank you to those who gave donations at our street collections
WISBECH Lions Club would like to say a BIG thank you to the people of Wisbech and District who so generously gave donations at our recent street collections also at Asda, the Christmas Market and the Horsefair. Unfortunately, due to the bad weather and th
WISBECH Lions Club would like to say a BIG thank you to the people of Wisbech and District who so generously gave donations at our recent street collections also at Asda, the Christmas Market and the Horsefair.
Unfortunately, due to the bad weather and the condition of the roads and pavements three of the planned routes for Father Christmas and his sleigh had to be cancelled as it was considered to be too dangerous to proceed.
However, for the children who did brave the icy conditions to meet him their faces captured the joy of Christmas.
In these hard times the donations received exceeded our expectations and made the hard work put in by the members even more worthwhile.
You may also want to watch:
As always, every penny collected from the sleigh and of other fund raising efforts throughout the year will be donated to local worthwhile causes .
2009 saw donations made to Wisbech Sea Cadets; Wisbech St Mary's under nines football team; transport costs for PHAB to compete in Peterborough special games; Friends of Elm Road school; Tom Batey who suffers from Downs Syndrome to compete in the special Olympics where he won two gold and two silver medals; Crossroads for assistance for carers; all schools that sold tickets for the duck race had their ticket sale money returned as a donation; 75 pensioners and carers taken to Peterborough to see Peterborough Lions Showtime; a local young person to do voluntary work in Kenya; St Peter's school for a multicultural festival; Murrow school for repairs to fencing after a break in; a disabled lady in Emneth required user friendly paving to make access easier whilst using her wheelchair; Trinity Methodist Church for safety mats; Sue Ryder Care and to King John House to pay for transport for their Christmas dinner.
- 1 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 2 'It could happen to anyone' - girlfriend of drowning victim speaks out
- 3 Replacing pub with houses ‘effective re-use' of site
- 4 Fenland Council welcomes Covid-19 compliant free rock festival
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 10 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
Once again thank you all for your continued support and may you have a very happy and healthy new year.
LION PRESIDENT AVIS GILLIATT
And all Wisbech Lions Club members