WISBECH LIBRARY: ""�2.5 million refurb of Wisbech Library is a waste of money
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections. As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of wh
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections.
As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of whom I am proud to represent was missing.
Imagine my dismay at this unfortunate oversight of yours, I am sure that you will wish to make amends and inform your readership properly.
The Libertarian Party, whilst still being less than two years old, already has hundreds of active members throughout the country and is growing daily. We wish to see an end to confiscatory levels of taxation, being governed by Europe and the ever increasing authoritarianism from our venal politicians.
At a local level I am aghast at the blatant waste involving the redevelopment of the library at a cost of �2.5 million.
The old library is perfectly functional being less than 35 years old and its replacement will not contain any more books.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 8 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 9 Man admits west Norfolk arson
- 10 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
Even the former Wisbech mayor, conservative councillor Jonathan Farmer agrees with me but unlike him, I don't want this money to be spent elsewhere, I want it returned to its rightful owners, the taxpayers.
Libertarian Party candidate for Wisbech South