WISBECH LIBRARY: ""�2.5 million refurb of Wisbech Library is a waste of money
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections. As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of wh
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections.
As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of whom I am proud to represent was missing.
Imagine my dismay at this unfortunate oversight of yours, I am sure that you will wish to make amends and inform your readership properly.
The Libertarian Party, whilst still being less than two years old, already has hundreds of active members throughout the country and is growing daily. We wish to see an end to confiscatory levels of taxation, being governed by Europe and the ever increasing authoritarianism from our venal politicians.
You may also want to watch:
At a local level I am aghast at the blatant waste involving the redevelopment of the library at a cost of �2.5 million.
The old library is perfectly functional being less than 35 years old and its replacement will not contain any more books.
- 1 Emporium takes business to next level
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Family friends to cycle from Wales to Wisbech to create more happy memories
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 MP full of praise as club reaches £90k towards 3G pitch
Even the former Wisbech mayor, conservative councillor Jonathan Farmer agrees with me but unlike him, I don't want this money to be spent elsewhere, I want it returned to its rightful owners, the taxpayers.
Libertarian Party candidate for Wisbech South