WISBECH LIBRARY: ""�2.5 million refurb of Wisbech Library is a waste of money
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections. As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of wh
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections.
As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of whom I am proud to represent was missing.
Imagine my dismay at this unfortunate oversight of yours, I am sure that you will wish to make amends and inform your readership properly.
The Libertarian Party, whilst still being less than two years old, already has hundreds of active members throughout the country and is growing daily. We wish to see an end to confiscatory levels of taxation, being governed by Europe and the ever increasing authoritarianism from our venal politicians.
You may also want to watch:
At a local level I am aghast at the blatant waste involving the redevelopment of the library at a cost of �2.5 million.
The old library is perfectly functional being less than 35 years old and its replacement will not contain any more books.
- 1 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 2 New owners of town centre store under fire for flats plan
- 3 Body of missing Wisbech man found in Norfolk
- 4 60 care home residents and staff vaccinated
- 5 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 6 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 7 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 8 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 9 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 10 Man, 21, with 15,000 indecent images and videos plus 'paedophile manual' spared jail
Even the former Wisbech mayor, conservative councillor Jonathan Farmer agrees with me but unlike him, I don't want this money to be spent elsewhere, I want it returned to its rightful owners, the taxpayers.
Libertarian Party candidate for Wisbech South