WISBECH LIBRARY: ""�2.5 million refurb of Wisbech Library is a waste of money
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections. As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of wh
I NOTICED on your back page last week that you were polling the readership on their voting intentions for the forthcoming local elections.
As a candidate for Wisbech South, I eagerly logged on to the website only to find that the Libertarian Party, of whom I am proud to represent was missing.
Imagine my dismay at this unfortunate oversight of yours, I am sure that you will wish to make amends and inform your readership properly.
The Libertarian Party, whilst still being less than two years old, already has hundreds of active members throughout the country and is growing daily. We wish to see an end to confiscatory levels of taxation, being governed by Europe and the ever increasing authoritarianism from our venal politicians.
You may also want to watch:
At a local level I am aghast at the blatant waste involving the redevelopment of the library at a cost of �2.5 million.
The old library is perfectly functional being less than 35 years old and its replacement will not contain any more books.
- 1 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 9 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 10 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
Even the former Wisbech mayor, conservative councillor Jonathan Farmer agrees with me but unlike him, I don't want this money to be spent elsewhere, I want it returned to its rightful owners, the taxpayers.
Libertarian Party candidate for Wisbech South