WISBECH: It's fantastic to see the Nene Slipway back in use
IT was great to see the Nene slipway back in use after the refurbishment by FDC as part of the regeneration of the port area.The Fleur de Lys shown was a Baroki 50 ft, built in 1960 and was then shipped off to Bermuda as deck cargo.Following interest fr
IT was great to see the Nene slipway back in use after the refurbishment by FDC as part of the regeneration of the port area.
The Fleur de Lys shown was a Baroki 50 ft, built in 1960 and was then shipped off to Bermuda as deck cargo.
Following interest from fellow former employees after letters were published in The Standard, more can be found of the boat building history of Wisbech at http://freespace.virgin.netdavan.virgin.net/index/html
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 3 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 4 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 5 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
- 8 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Ladies mark return from lockdown with eight-goal thriller