WISBECH: It's fantastic to see the Nene Slipway back in use
IT was great to see the Nene slipway back in use after the refurbishment by FDC as part of the regeneration of the port area.The Fleur de Lys shown was a Baroki 50 ft, built in 1960 and was then shipped off to Bermuda as deck cargo.Following interest fr
IT was great to see the Nene slipway back in use after the refurbishment by FDC as part of the regeneration of the port area.
The Fleur de Lys shown was a Baroki 50 ft, built in 1960 and was then shipped off to Bermuda as deck cargo.
Following interest from fellow former employees after letters were published in The Standard, more can be found of the boat building history of Wisbech at http://freespace.virgin.netdavan.virgin.net/index/html
You may also want to watch:
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare