LETTER: ‘Wisbechians, where are we with these promises? Capital of the Fens? I don’t think so’
- Credit: Archant
A resident of a tiny offshoot of the great metropolis of Wisbech I have occasionally made some comments on that place.
In the past year, Wisbech – The Capital of the Fens – was going to have a glass observation tower on the High Street, a water clock on the Market Place, a children’s play area on the Market Place and a reintroduction of a rail link to March.
But as far as I could see when I was last over there, nothing has happened.
The town council have taken over The Castle, against the advice of experts, and to date what has happened? A few events where some councillors dressed up and a café that – at the time – didn’t have planning permission.
So Wisbechians, where are we with these promises? Capital of the Fens? I don’t think so. Your town councillors are so arrogant and believe they can do as they like, remember these people are up for re-election in May, do you really want them to represent you and embarrass your town for another four years? Or is it time for a change?
You may also want to watch:
Norman McCord, Chatteris
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 7 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 8 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 9 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal