LETTER: ‘Wisbechians, where are we with these promises? Capital of the Fens? I don’t think so’
- Credit: Archant
A resident of a tiny offshoot of the great metropolis of Wisbech I have occasionally made some comments on that place.
In the past year, Wisbech – The Capital of the Fens – was going to have a glass observation tower on the High Street, a water clock on the Market Place, a children’s play area on the Market Place and a reintroduction of a rail link to March.
But as far as I could see when I was last over there, nothing has happened.
The town council have taken over The Castle, against the advice of experts, and to date what has happened? A few events where some councillors dressed up and a café that – at the time – didn’t have planning permission.
So Wisbechians, where are we with these promises? Capital of the Fens? I don’t think so. Your town councillors are so arrogant and believe they can do as they like, remember these people are up for re-election in May, do you really want them to represent you and embarrass your town for another four years? Or is it time for a change?
You may also want to watch:
Norman McCord, Chatteris
- 1 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 2 'I lived in the woods' - Suspected murder victim reveals five year ordeal
- 3 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 4 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 5 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Fully-funded place at grammar school's sixth form available for one pupil
- 10 All you need to know about the new Vauxhall Mokka