LETTER: ‘Wisbechians, where are we with these promises? Capital of the Fens? I don’t think so’
- Credit: Archant
A resident of a tiny offshoot of the great metropolis of Wisbech I have occasionally made some comments on that place.
In the past year, Wisbech – The Capital of the Fens – was going to have a glass observation tower on the High Street, a water clock on the Market Place, a children’s play area on the Market Place and a reintroduction of a rail link to March.
But as far as I could see when I was last over there, nothing has happened.
The town council have taken over The Castle, against the advice of experts, and to date what has happened? A few events where some councillors dressed up and a café that – at the time – didn’t have planning permission.
So Wisbechians, where are we with these promises? Capital of the Fens? I don’t think so. Your town councillors are so arrogant and believe they can do as they like, remember these people are up for re-election in May, do you really want them to represent you and embarrass your town for another four years? Or is it time for a change?
You may also want to watch:
Norman McCord, Chatteris
- 1 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 5 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 6 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 7 Charity wins national award for its outstanding service
- 8 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 9 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 10 Veterans back for first time since lockdown began