WISBECH: I agree with comments that our town does look "squalid"
HOW right Dr Eric Somerville s comments were about our old town. It does indeed look squalid. How and why has it come to this? It is all very well the people in authority apologising and saying that mistakes have been made, but how did they let this decli
HOW right Dr Eric Somerville's comments were about our old town. It does indeed look squalid.
How and why has it come to this? It is all very well the people in authority apologising and saying that mistakes have been made, but how did they let this decline happen?
I could not attend the council annual meeting but I would have asked how Fenland District Council has been able to render our town council impotent.
Everyone blames mistakes on other people. They will all go to "the opening of a crisp packet", be seen and be full of self congratulation. Meantime, we pay our council taxes and are criticised if we make negative comments.
You may also want to watch:
The college is probably moving to March, spurred mainly I think by the value of the land for building that it stands on in Wisbech. Pre-credit crunch of course.
A �1.5million grant has been set aside to continue the 'promenade' from the 'Boathouse' to the town. What of the police station access then?
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 8 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
- 10 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
If this area is pedestrianised as the term 'promenade' suggests will they move the entrance and exit to the other side, is there to be a one-way system so that everyone has to come out on Lynn Road via Mount Pleasant Road? Or are we to lose the police station all together?
We are tangled up in a maze of queues and pot holes at the best of times in this town.
Would someone please tell us how much revenue the Boathouse has brought in for the benefit of the town? Likewise the empty boatbuilding premises and the slip way?
Millions and millions were spent, but what have we got back?