WISBECH: I agree with comments that our town does look "squalid"
HOW right Dr Eric Somerville s comments were about our old town. It does indeed look squalid. How and why has it come to this? It is all very well the people in authority apologising and saying that mistakes have been made, but how did they let this decli
HOW right Dr Eric Somerville's comments were about our old town. It does indeed look squalid.
How and why has it come to this? It is all very well the people in authority apologising and saying that mistakes have been made, but how did they let this decline happen?
I could not attend the council annual meeting but I would have asked how Fenland District Council has been able to render our town council impotent.
Everyone blames mistakes on other people. They will all go to "the opening of a crisp packet", be seen and be full of self congratulation. Meantime, we pay our council taxes and are criticised if we make negative comments.
You may also want to watch:
The college is probably moving to March, spurred mainly I think by the value of the land for building that it stands on in Wisbech. Pre-credit crunch of course.
A �1.5million grant has been set aside to continue the 'promenade' from the 'Boathouse' to the town. What of the police station access then?
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 9 Historic building owners urged to use grant scheme before it’s too late
If this area is pedestrianised as the term 'promenade' suggests will they move the entrance and exit to the other side, is there to be a one-way system so that everyone has to come out on Lynn Road via Mount Pleasant Road? Or are we to lose the police station all together?
We are tangled up in a maze of queues and pot holes at the best of times in this town.
Would someone please tell us how much revenue the Boathouse has brought in for the benefit of the town? Likewise the empty boatbuilding premises and the slip way?
Millions and millions were spent, but what have we got back?