Wisbech club giving away lifesaving bottles at the Horsefair Centre
MEMBERS of the Wisbech Lion’s Club are giving away the lifesaving ‘message in a bottle’ at the Horsefair Shopping Centre as part of their national awareness day.
A team will be at the centre’s bus station between 9am and 1pm on Saturday, October 15, to raise awareness to their organisation and give away the bottle which are recognised by the emergency services.
The ‘message in a bottle’ initiative encourages people to keep basic personal information and medical details in a small bottle, which is kept in the fridge, where the emergency services will expect to find it.
They know you have a bottle by locating two labels, one of which is to be placed on the inside of the front door and the second on the door of a fridge.
In addition, over 18’s visiting the Horsefair will have an opportunity to join the Lions’ Leo Club which encourages younger people to get involved in activities within their local communities, make new friends and learn to lead.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith, Horsefair Centre manager, said: “The local Lions Club does a fantastic job in the local community helping local people and organisations. The Message in a bottle campaign is also a really good initiative, especially for elderly and disabled residents.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Princes win top food and drink industry award
- 5 Child rapist, 57, behind bars for sexually abusing three children
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Stolen French bulldog reunited with Wisbech owners 160 miles away
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Boy, 15, arrested amid crackdown on deliberate fires
- 10 Man dies in three-car A47 crash and another remains in life-threatening condition