Wisbech club giving away lifesaving bottles at the Horsefair Centre
MEMBERS of the Wisbech Lion’s Club are giving away the lifesaving ‘message in a bottle’ at the Horsefair Shopping Centre as part of their national awareness day.
A team will be at the centre’s bus station between 9am and 1pm on Saturday, October 15, to raise awareness to their organisation and give away the bottle which are recognised by the emergency services.
The ‘message in a bottle’ initiative encourages people to keep basic personal information and medical details in a small bottle, which is kept in the fridge, where the emergency services will expect to find it.
They know you have a bottle by locating two labels, one of which is to be placed on the inside of the front door and the second on the door of a fridge.
In addition, over 18’s visiting the Horsefair will have an opportunity to join the Lions’ Leo Club which encourages younger people to get involved in activities within their local communities, make new friends and learn to lead.
You may also want to watch:
Kevin Smith, Horsefair Centre manager, said: “The local Lions Club does a fantastic job in the local community helping local people and organisations. The Message in a bottle campaign is also a really good initiative, especially for elderly and disabled residents.”
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 3 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 Stronger bonds can be key to success, believes Fenmen boss
- 7 Octavia Hill’s Birthplace House gets share of £1.57billion fund
- 8 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region