WISBECH: Can anyone help me fill in the gaps on my family tree?
I M doing family research and although I have gone back quite a way, I m filling in gaps. My great grandfather was Philip Draycott who was a Tailor in Wisbech. His wife Emma and youngest son Alfred drowned in an accident in 1903. Philip and Emma had a nu
I'M doing family research and although I have gone back quite a way, I'm filling in gaps.
My great grandfather was Philip Draycott who was a Tailor in Wisbech.
His wife Emma and youngest son Alfred drowned in an accident in 1903.
Philip and Emma had a number of children.
Agnes who married William Edward Wiles 1900. Philip married Bertha Kirton 1904, Minnie married James William Alexander 1907 all in Wisbech/ Walsoken.
There were also four sons who were in the First World War.
- 1 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 2 Lorry breaks down on A47 near Wisbech
- 3 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 4 Eye burglar smashed doors with brick and stole jewellery and chocolate
- 5 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Megan realises netball dream ahead of Commonwealth Games bow
- 8 Ferry Project charity to host job fair in Wisbech
- 9 ‘Sudden death’ reported at Nene and Ramnoth School in Wisbech
- 10 Man admits west Norfolk arson
Two survived as far as I know but two, James and William died within a week of each other in 1915 at the second battle of Ypres.
There were also two other daughters Ethel and Gertrude.
By 1915 my great grandfather was living with an Annie at 7 George Street.
My great grandfather died in 1947.
If anyone is a relative of any of the above and has some knowledge, memories or photo's which Ii would be happy to pay for copies then please contact me on 01277 657266 or at email@example.com