WISBECH: Bring back the roundabout at the Tesco/Lidl junction
WITH reference to the Cromwell Road - Tesco/Lidl/superstores junction – revert the junction to a roundabout immediately, as the traffic holdups arising are horrendous and will lead to accidents and incidents arising from frustration. Highlight in the stor
WITH reference to the Cromwell Road - Tesco/Lidl/superstores junction - revert the junction to a roundabout immediately, as the traffic holdups arising are horrendous and will lead to accidents and incidents arising from frustration.
Highlight in the story the highways agency and council decision making process that allowed a new superstore to be built without proper road user planning and improvements to allow for a greater flow of traffic.
Make the story fit with a "campaign" to get a proper solution implemented urgently and make LIDL etc pay for the road works needed.
It should not come out of public monies - the junction worked reasonably well, until the Lidl store was built so Lidl should fund the roadworks.
The roadworks need to be done after hours - ie from 7pm to 5am or be done in a continuous 24 hours seven days a week process until the traffic problems are resolved. This may not seem like much of a story but today at noon no-one could move in or out of the Tesco car park and the tailback of traffic in all directions was simply not funny.
- 1 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 2 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 5 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Fenmen 'not far' from turning fortunes round despite second straight loss
- 10 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs