WISBECH: Bring back the roundabout at the Tesco/Lidl junction
WITH reference to the Cromwell Road - Tesco/Lidl/superstores junction – revert the junction to a roundabout immediately, as the traffic holdups arising are horrendous and will lead to accidents and incidents arising from frustration. Highlight in the stor
WITH reference to the Cromwell Road - Tesco/Lidl/superstores junction - revert the junction to a roundabout immediately, as the traffic holdups arising are horrendous and will lead to accidents and incidents arising from frustration.
Highlight in the story the highways agency and council decision making process that allowed a new superstore to be built without proper road user planning and improvements to allow for a greater flow of traffic.
Make the story fit with a "campaign" to get a proper solution implemented urgently and make LIDL etc pay for the road works needed.
It should not come out of public monies - the junction worked reasonably well, until the Lidl store was built so Lidl should fund the roadworks.
You may also want to watch:
The roadworks need to be done after hours - ie from 7pm to 5am or be done in a continuous 24 hours seven days a week process until the traffic problems are resolved. This may not seem like much of a story but today at noon no-one could move in or out of the Tesco car park and the tailback of traffic in all directions was simply not funny.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Showcase status for Academy
- 5 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 6 Majority of councillors refuse to object to Wisbech incinerator - for now
- 7 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 8 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 9 Secret Garden Party tickets sell out in hours of going on sale
- 10 New book launches recording family's Covid-19 experience