WISBECH: Bring back the roundabout at the Tesco/Lidl junction
WITH reference to the Cromwell Road - Tesco/Lidl/superstores junction – revert the junction to a roundabout immediately, as the traffic holdups arising are horrendous and will lead to accidents and incidents arising from frustration. Highlight in the stor
WITH reference to the Cromwell Road - Tesco/Lidl/superstores junction - revert the junction to a roundabout immediately, as the traffic holdups arising are horrendous and will lead to accidents and incidents arising from frustration.
Highlight in the story the highways agency and council decision making process that allowed a new superstore to be built without proper road user planning and improvements to allow for a greater flow of traffic.
Make the story fit with a "campaign" to get a proper solution implemented urgently and make LIDL etc pay for the road works needed.
It should not come out of public monies - the junction worked reasonably well, until the Lidl store was built so Lidl should fund the roadworks.
You may also want to watch:
The roadworks need to be done after hours - ie from 7pm to 5am or be done in a continuous 24 hours seven days a week process until the traffic problems are resolved. This may not seem like much of a story but today at noon no-one could move in or out of the Tesco car park and the tailback of traffic in all directions was simply not funny.
- 1 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 2 Man in critical condition after single-vehicle crash
- 3 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 4 Podcast revisits the mysterious missing case of Terry McSpadden
- 5 'Software error' blamed for town council election mix up
- 6 110-year-old church gates reappear following £400 makeover
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 9 Five fire crews called to building blaze
- 10 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90