WISBECH: Bowthorpe Centre relocation and making groups pay for hire is ""privatisation
FOR many years Wisbech has been a leader in day care services for those with mental health problems. The Bowthorpe Centre has for a long time offered Wisbech sufferers a refuge and a safe haven from a society which is often uncaring and dismissive of the
FOR many years Wisbech has been a leader in day care services for those with mental health problems.
The Bowthorpe Centre has for a long time offered Wisbech sufferers a refuge and a safe haven from a society which is often uncaring and dismissive of them.
Now it is under threat.
A move the North Cambs Hospital site has been used as an opportunity to introduce wholesale changes, along with government directives to move mental health sufferers out into the community.
You may also want to watch:
Accordingly, drop-in times have been severely cut and groups told to locate to other premises.
Now we learn that that some groups may have to pay for the hire of new premises. This is nothing less than the PRIVATISATION of mental health serves in Wisbech - instead of being a leader in the field, we are going backwards.
- 1 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 2 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 5 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 6 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 9 Equipment worth £6,000 stolen from farm during overnight break-in
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
These people do not want to be 'returned' to the community, the Bowthorpe is their community.
Future generations of Wisbech sufferers will be denied the compassionate, caring services provided in the past.
All in the name of 'back to the community' - the very community which has misunderstood and failed to help mental health sufferers in the first place.
A Bowthorpe member/user