WIND TURBINES: We were pleased to attend meeting chaired by John Hayes MP
I WAS pleased to have been able to attend the meeting organised by our local MP John Hayes, Jenny Rowe and Craig Jackson on Friday July 3, because sometimes it feels like some of our so-called local representatives are not speaking up for us, and our co
I WAS pleased to have been able to attend the meeting organised by our local MP John Hayes, Jenny Rowe and Craig Jackson on Friday July 3, because sometimes it feels like some of our so-called local representatives are not speaking up for us, and our concerns.
There is a groundswell of opposition to the wind turbine proposals building in Sutton Bridge, Tydd Gote, Foul Anchor and Tydd St Mary, especially when they realise what these plans will mean for their quality of life and property prices.
The time is fast approaching for people in our area to establish a body that truly speaks out for local people on these big issues, rather than those who wish to serve their own vested interests.
First though, we need to beat off these wretched turbines, so please support us and send your objections to South Holland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
It may be our area now, but it can just as easily be your village or town tomorrow.
MR and MRS GILES
- 1 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 2 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 3 Clean, green and affordable: choose market leader Nissan to start your electric motoring journey
- 4 Fit of the Fens challenge to raise cash for the homeless
- 5 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 6 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 7 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 8 Go-kart star Vinnie shines in Europe ahead of new campaign
- 9 'Chopper was a hard worker and put himself about' - tribute to ex-Fenmen star
- 10 ‘It needs to get sorted’ - heartfelt plea after flood nightmare