WIND TURBINES: We were pleased to attend meeting chaired by John Hayes MP
I WAS pleased to have been able to attend the meeting organised by our local MP John Hayes, Jenny Rowe and Craig Jackson on Friday July 3, because sometimes it feels like some of our so-called local representatives are not speaking up for us, and our co
I WAS pleased to have been able to attend the meeting organised by our local MP John Hayes, Jenny Rowe and Craig Jackson on Friday July 3, because sometimes it feels like some of our so-called local representatives are not speaking up for us, and our concerns.
There is a groundswell of opposition to the wind turbine proposals building in Sutton Bridge, Tydd Gote, Foul Anchor and Tydd St Mary, especially when they realise what these plans will mean for their quality of life and property prices.
The time is fast approaching for people in our area to establish a body that truly speaks out for local people on these big issues, rather than those who wish to serve their own vested interests.
First though, we need to beat off these wretched turbines, so please support us and send your objections to South Holland District Council.
You may also want to watch:
It may be our area now, but it can just as easily be your village or town tomorrow.
MR and MRS GILES
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Photos show grim reality of life on the streets
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Verdict means former mayor can keep pub
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Antiques dealer's collection to be sold at auction
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March