WIND TURBINES: Hopefully council will see sense - and that we've done our bit
PAUL Howe in his letter considers people like me and many other residents who consider that the high number of wind turbines is destroying our landscape are nimbyism and hypocrites of the worst kind. He states that if we do not do something like building
PAUL Howe in his letter considers people like me and many other residents who consider that the high number of wind turbines is destroying our landscape are nimbyism and hypocrites of the worst kind.
He states that if we do not do something like building more wind turbines to halt the rise in CO2 levels, we in Fenland, will have no skyline as we shall be under water.
What a load of rubbish coming from a so called qualified BSc (Hons) person.
Is he not aware that the UK contributes less than two per cent of global emissions and no matter what we do in this country it will have little effect on global climate change? He should be directing his concerns at the major polluting countries of our planet, USA, China and Russia.
Hopefully, our local planning authority will have more sense and realise that here in Fenland we have done our bit with the existing turbines built and will refuse any more before our countryside is completely spoilt.
- 1 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 2 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 6 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 7 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 8 Murder probe sends 'shockwaves' through community
- 9 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 10 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV