WIND TURBINES: Hopefully council will see sense - and that we've done our bit
PAUL Howe in his letter considers people like me and many other residents who consider that the high number of wind turbines is destroying our landscape are nimbyism and hypocrites of the worst kind. He states that if we do not do something like building
PAUL Howe in his letter considers people like me and many other residents who consider that the high number of wind turbines is destroying our landscape are nimbyism and hypocrites of the worst kind.
He states that if we do not do something like building more wind turbines to halt the rise in CO2 levels, we in Fenland, will have no skyline as we shall be under water.
What a load of rubbish coming from a so called qualified BSc (Hons) person.
Is he not aware that the UK contributes less than two per cent of global emissions and no matter what we do in this country it will have little effect on global climate change? He should be directing his concerns at the major polluting countries of our planet, USA, China and Russia.
You may also want to watch:
Hopefully, our local planning authority will have more sense and realise that here in Fenland we have done our bit with the existing turbines built and will refuse any more before our countryside is completely spoilt.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 3 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 4 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 5 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’