Why no council gritters on Wisbech roads?
I AM sure you have had many letters regarding this item so I am just adding my point of view as well. For three days so far from December 19, Wisbech has been covered in a blanket of ice and snow. For three days it has been an absolute nightmare trying t
I AM sure you have had many letters regarding this item so I am just adding my point of view as well.
For three days so far from December 19, Wisbech has been covered in a blanket of ice and snow.
For three days it has been an absolute nightmare trying to drive down Lynn Road as well as Churchill Road and Cromwell Road.
For three days there appears to have been no sign of the council providing any gritters for the roads in question.
You may also want to watch:
Have the council made such cutbacks that gritting and overall safety are now not on their list of priorities?
The weather forecast gave plenty of warning yet it appears that nothing has been done to the main roads in and out of Wisbech. Can someone please tell us what is going on?
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
The County Council gritters have been out 14 times since Thursday, including these roads.
Staff have been working around the clock in freezing conditions. We have not cut back the amount of rocksalt we have, however, grit on its own does not melt snow and ice and requires vehicles going over it to melt it. With so much snow and freezing conditions the grit is on the roads but will not clear unless traffic goes over it.