Why is Stephen Barclay only thinking about uses for Wisbech Castle, with so many empty shops?
I REALLY do despair of politicians. May I suggest that the next time Stephen Barclay visits Wisbech, assuming of course he has actually graced the town with his presence, he removes his rose tinted (or should that be blue tinted?) spectacles. I have seen
I REALLY do despair of politicians. May I suggest that the next time Stephen Barclay visits Wisbech, assuming of course he has actually graced the town with his presence, he removes his rose tinted (or should that be blue tinted?) spectacles.
I have seen Wisbech deteriorate rapidly over the years and it has now reached a point where I no longer feel safe walking through the town.
Many of the shops are empty or in such a poor state of repair it is a wonder they are still standing. You only have to pick up a local newspaper to read a catalogue of every crime imaginable.
And is Mr Barclay concerned with any of these matters? Apparently not. His main concern is what we can use Wisbech Castle for. Am I missing some glaringly obvious point here but I thought it was being used for many more purposes already and not just the ones stated by Mr Barclay.
You may also want to watch:
I have visited the Castle on many occasions. There is a sign on the door, when the house is not open to the public, saying you are free to walk around the gardens. They are a beautiful and peaceful haven in the town centre.
The forthcoming archaeological dig is a community event according to the newspapers and friends who have applied to join in, with many schools also taking part. All this and Mr Barclay wants to turn it into a caf�.
- 1 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
- 2 Wisbech nightspot up for sale for £410,000
- 3 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 4 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 5 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 6 A47 to close overnight near Wisbech for roadworks
- 7 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 8 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
Can I recommend he tries Etcetera or Loafers instead while he considers other more pressing matters?
Wisbech Castle. 0011MU79
Stephen Barclay. 3817SM89